Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fabulous Marathon!

Here we all are in our "Team Thomas" shirts designed by McKay. The back has a Braveheart quote that says, "Fight and you die; Run and you live." We loved them!!! Notice that even Jack has one. :)

Here's a few finish shots where I ran across with McKay. I had come in about a half hour earlier, but I took everyone by surprise and so I don't have any shots of my original cross of the line.




Here are signs the fam made to cheer us on. Fun!

The marathon was fantastic! Not one single thing could have gone better. The weather was absolutely perfect. My running was smooth and virtually pain-free. I ran on the nose 10 minute miles--just like my practice runs! I started feeling pain at about mile 20 and realized it was time for more ibuprophen, so I popped some and 2 miles later felt better. I slowed down for the last few miles, but had made up a bit of time earlier on so I still averaged 10 minute miles. I felt great crossing the finish line. Not exhausted or anything! I surprised the fam because somehow they didn't get my 20-mile text--so no pics. I'll have to buy official ones. My final time was 4:21:23 and my net time was 4:20:36. I'm in love! I'm doing it again! If I can pick up 16 minutes I can qualify for the Boston. Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

janae said...

That is awesome, Monta!!! Congratulations! I can't believe it went so well that you want to do it again. Proof positive that you trained well. Yay for you!

Babydoll said...

Congrats. That is so wondeful. I thought of you a lot that day. Our house is always open for you to stay when you come run the marathon down here!

Ricky said...

Way to go!!! That's my hope... to train for and run a marathon. I'll have to get your training schedule to see how it works.

Colleen said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I am very proud of you. You are an amazingly strong person. Must be those strong Danish genes! Ha!