Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jack's Quilt

This may be a bit ambitious, but I'm going to try to actually have a blog--not just a summer-time blog! My goal is to make an entry once a week. Part of the trick is figuring out something in my life to blog about. :) So I'm going to start putting pieces of my family letter in the blog. How's that? And I think I'll get better with practice. Anyone who gets an email with a link from me is someone I think might possibly be interested. So I'll just email a link when I make a post. OK? Since I really don't have anything new this week, I'm going to go back in time and . . .

OK, so I actually finished this quilt last winter. But I'm pretty proud of it, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics of it. It gives me something to blog about! This was made for my grandbaby, Jack. As soon as Wendy knew it was a boy, she and I went shopping and chose the fabric and the pattern. We altered the pattern a fair amount. I got started right away, but it took close to a year before it was done. No, I'm not like Carol who churns out at least a couple a month. I wish!
















Here's one with the corner folded up so you can see the tag.














And then here's the tag.





















Finally, the most important part of the quilt. JACK! Here's a recent picture of me holding him. You can see I've been running. :)










BTW--the quilt behind me is my sunflower quilt. Paper-pieced and hand quilted (all mine, up to this point, are hand quilted). It took 12--yep, 12--years. Now you can see why Carol amazes me so!

2 comments:

Carol Baker said...

Yes, but I don't hand piece and hand stitch every sixteenth inch piece. Yours is artwork, mine is a quilt factory.

janae said...

Holy beautiful!! Wow. I'm not at all in to sewing, but every once in a while I see things and think, "Man it would be cool if I could do that!" And then I think, "Nah! I wonder how much it would cost to have Monta or Carol Baker or Carol Smith sew me some huge bedspread quilts for my kid's beds ..." :)