
Happy 53rd!
To paraphrase a 1963 pop song sung by Lesley Gore, "It's my party and I'll climb if I want to . . ." For my birthday I climbed Mt. Olympus! Wonderful time had by all (all being me!). I left home at about 8:00 am, was climbing by 8:30, summited at about 11:30, spent a half hour enjoying the view, and was back at my car just after 2:30 pm. I really had a wonderful climb.

On the left is Mt. Olympus from the valley, and on the right is a pic of the top of Mt. Olympus, as well as a view of the valley. It's absolutely a gorgeous view! It's a pretty hard hike, but well worth it!

Rob took this pic for me at the end of the day--back at our house (and also the first pic on the blog). Since no one was with me, I couldn't get a pic of me on the mountain. Rob had me take off my glasses because "I look more prettier that way." :)

That evening the fam met in Lehi at Tepanyaki. So so food, fabulous company. The above 2 pics show the fam--Wendy, Kimball, me, Rach, Karen, McKay and Steph. Rob was the official photographer. The pics below show 1) the restaurant and 2) our cook. It's kind-of like Beni Hana where the cook puts on a show as he cooks the dinner. Good show. I didn't think much of the food. Mostly, though, it's just not my "kind" of food. Kimball loves the place. So does Karen's Sam.


And finally we finished off the evening at Kimball's with Rob's version of Aunt Timme's famous cheesecake. It was a great day.
2 comments:
Happy late birthday! :) I thought of you that day. I'm glad it was a good one!
ps. I don't think your blog font/color is hard to read. I've seen some bad ones. This isn't one of those.
How fun that you got to hike for your birthday. I wanted to hike Olympus, but never did. Way to go. And the cheesecake looks wonderful. Happy late birthday!
Post a Comment